Stephanie Marohn runs Angel Editing, which offers writing consultation and the full range of editing from developmental editing through copyediting. My specialty area is nonfiction trade books, particularly those on psychospiritual topics, natural medicine, and other alternative thought.
Developmental editing: structuring, shaping, and refining the content and organization of a book as a whole and within chapters.
Copyediting: editing for flow, grammar, readability, logical structure, and consistency; ranges from light to heavy, depending on the state of the writing.
Book development: working with the author to organize his or her material into a book structure that will present the material in a logical and compelling form.
Writing coaching: providing the support needed to facilitate writing, including writing tutorials, consultation on direction in a writing project, dealing with blocks and obstacles to writing, and other coaching that individual writers may need.
A selection of Angel Editing projects:
- Creating Healing Relationships: Professional Standards for Energy Therapy Practitioners, by Dorothea Hover-Kramer (Energy Psychology Press, 2011)
- The Human Hologram: Living Your Life in the Unified Field, by Dr. Robin Kelly (Energy Psychology Press, 2011)
- Out of the Woods: Healing Lyme Disease—Body, Mind, and Spirit, by Katina Makris (Elite Books, 2011)
- Bringing Progress to Paradise: How I Changed Nepal, How Nepal Changed Me, by Jeff Rasley (Red Wheel/Weiser, 2010)
- How Quantum Activism Can Save Civilization: A Few People Can Change Human Evolution, by Amit Goswami (Red Wheel/Weiser, 2010)
- Like a Tree: How Trees, Women, and Tree People Can Save the Planet, by Jean Shinoda Bolen (Conari, 2010)
- Live with Intention: A Process to Invent a More Meaningful Life, by Mary Anne Radmacher (Red Wheel/Weiser, 2010)
- Time Loops and Space Twists: How God Created the Universe, by Fred Alan Wolf (Hierophant, 2010)
- EFT for the Highly Sensitive Temperament, by Rue Anne Hass (Energy Psychology Press, 2009)
- Heal Your Mind, Rewire Your Brain: Applying the Exciting New Science of Brain Plasticity for Creativity, Peace, and Presence, by Patt Lind-Kyle (Energy Psychology Press, 2009)
- Indigo Awakening: A Doctor’s Memoir of Forging an Authentic Life in a Turbulent World, by Janine Talty (Elite Books, 2009)
- Know Thyself: Revealing Soul and Spirit Through Equus, by Adele and Deborah McCormick (publication pending, 2009)
- Body Eloquence: The Power of Myth and Story to Awaken the Body’s Energies, by Nancy Mellon (Energy Psychology Press, 2008)
- Excuse Me, Your God Is Waiting, by Michelle Epiphany Prosser (Hampton Roads, 2008)
- Invisible Roots: How Healing Past Life Trauma Can Liberate Your Present, by Barbara Stone (Energy Psychology Press, 2008)
- Fountain of Marvelous, by Valerie Fausone (BookSurge, 2007)
- The Path to Success: A Manual for Teachers and Parents of Special Needs Students, by Linda Shapiro Wolf (EKS Publishing, 2007)
- Teaching Kids to Care: Nurturing Character and Compassion, by Bettie B. Youngs, Joanne Wolf, Joani Wafer, and Dawn Lehman (Hampton Roads, 2007)
- Life Is Ridiculous, by Valerie Fausone (BookSurge, 2006)
- The Andean Codex: Initiations and Adventures among the Peruvian Shamans, by J. E. Williams (Hampton Roads, 2005)
- Encyclopedia of Earth Myths: An Insider's A-Z Guide to Mythic People, Places, Objects, and Events Central to the Earth's Visionary Geography, by Richard Leviton (Hampton Roads, 2005)
- Healthy Medicine: A Guide to the Emergence of Sensible, Comprehensive Care, by Robert J. Zieve, M.D. (Bell Pond Books, 2005)
- Wild Open Spaces: Why We Love Westerns, by Yardena Rand (Maverick Spirit Press, 2005)
- The Quantum Doctor: A Physicist's Guide to Health and Healing, by Amit Goswami (Hampton Roads, 2004)
Stephanie Marohn, owner of Angel Editing, has been a writer and editor for 20+ years. For information on my writing, see my books page. I have been a staff editor for both newspaper and magazine, served as senior editor at a natural medicine publishing house, worked on a freelance basis with numerous publishing houses, and continue to provide my editing expertise to both private clients and publishing houses through Angel Editing. My editing is particularly characterized by high standards for the final product and the ability to maintain an author’s “voice” even when extensive changes are required.
For more information,
What Angel Editing Clients say:
“From her first reading of the manuscript, when her insights helped us reorganize the draft, to her final line editing, Stephanie was an instrumental part of our team. I would recommend Stephanie Marohn to anyone who needs a professional, efficient editor.”
—Claudia Valas, President, EKS Publishing
“Ms. Marohn’s editing is always prompt and high quality. She is easy to work with and readily adapts to 'house rules.' I would have no hesitation in recommending her.”
—Tania Seymour, Former Production Editor, Hampton Roads Publishing
“Stephanie is professional, thorough, smart, helpful, realistic, and reliable. She is the best word fairy I’ve ever had! I would highly recommend her services to any writer looking for an outstanding editor.”
—Valerie Fausone, Author, Life Is Ridiculous Book Series
| Return to top | StephanieMarohn.com home page |
Website last updated,
January 12, 2012