Useful Links and Resources
OTHER FARM ANIMAL SANCTUARIES
Books about Animals
- What the Animals Taught Me: Stories of Love and Healing from a Farm Animal Sanctuary, by Stephanie Marohn
- Animal Grace: Entering a Spiritual Relationship with Our Fellow Creatures, by Mary Lou Randour and Susan Chernak McElroy
- Animal Magick: The Art of Recognizing and Working with Familiars, by D. J. Conway
- Dominion: The Power of Man, the Suffering of Animals, and the Call to Mercy, by Matthew Scully
- Kindred Spirits: How the Remarkable Bond between Human and Animals Can Change the Way We Live, by Allen M. Schoen, DVM
- The Ten Trusts: What We Must Do to Care for the Animals We Love, by Jane Goodall and Marc Bekoff
- BrightHaven is an amazing sanctuary for elderly and disabled animals, who live in a home setting. Director Gail Pope: "We have had the honour during the last 13 years of rescuing a number of special needs animals and through this enlightening experience have seen miraculous results when a balance of natural feeding, holistic care, and modern medicine are used in a loving respectful family environment." BrightHaven is now running education programs to teach others what they have learned.
- Full House Farm offers Harmony with Horses programs, which give people an opportunity to interact with horses in a way most people have never experienced. Director and expansion coach Christine Cole: "My work with horses and people is all about relationship awareness. I view my horses as the teachers and I act as interpreter for them. You can learn their language, which is an experience that deepens our appreciation of nature and the web of life. My intention is to provide you with a safe environment to learn about horses and yourself."
- Kundalini awakening is a spiritual opening that brings with it full awareness of the connection of all beings and the oneness of the universe. Poet and author Dorothy Walters, who has been experiencing this phenomenon for more than 20 years, shares on her blog her insights (as well as those of others) into kundalini and the mystical path.
Vegan and Cruelty-Free Products
Return to top
© 2005, Stephanie Marohn, all rights reserved.Website last updated, July 12, 2012